4th March 2020
Plans for Pool materials recycling facility and transfer station
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is planning to make changes to the Pool materials recycling facility (MRF)
and transfer station (TS) located on Wilson Way, Pool, TR15 3RT.
The facility has been operating for many years, handling materials collected for recycling and onward processing, respectively, from homes and businesses in Cornwall. Some changes to the facility are needed to support Cornwall’s new waste and recycling collection service and to cater for Cornwall’s growing population.
The main changes proposed for the facility are:
- Demolition of the existing office and welfare facilities and a temporary (pre-fabricated) office and welfare building to be located within the storage yard.
- Extension and development of the cleared area for an aluminium cans and plastics processing plant.
- Construction of two new glass bays adjacent to the existing bays.
- Provision of additional space for the food waste within the refuse transfer station building.
Find out more
Drop-in sessions for nearby residents and businesses will be held at The Conservatory in The Heartlands, Pool, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3QY.
The sessions will take place at the following times:
- Friday 13 March 2020 – 2pm to 6pm
- Saturday 14 March 2020 – 10.30am to 1.30pm
These sessions will give you an opportunity to find out more about the plans, meet the project team and representatives from the Waste Disposal Authority. Ask any questions before a planning application is submitted next month.
If you are interested in finding out more about the plans but are unable to make the drop-in sessions, please call 01726 828230 or email natalie.chard@.suez.com