15th April 2019
Cornwall’s food and drink carton recycling pilot gets off to a great start
During the first six months of a two year pilot, we have seen a steady rise in food and drink cartons being brought to Cornwall’s household waste recycling centres for recycling: over 1,000kg in February up from 388kg in the first month of the pilot.
SUEZ were delighted to welcome George Eustice MP, Sue James, Cornwall Council Portfolio Holder for Environment and Public Protection, and Mandy Kelly of ACE UK who have supplied the new recycling banks, at seven recycling centre to see the new service in action.
The two-year pilot is being provided by ACE UK. All food and drink cartons and paper cups collected at the recycling centres will be taken to ACE UK’s specialist recycling facility near Halifax.
Lindsay Simpson, HWRC Operations Manager for SUEZ, said: “It’s so good to see Cornwall residents embracing this new service to recycle even more of their waste, the feedback from the members of the public that visit us is really positive.”
Household waste recycling centres with recycling banks for food and drink cartons and paper cups can be found at:
- Connon Bridge, East Taphouse, Liskeard PL14 4NP
- Falmouth, Cuvet Farm, near Mabe Burnthouse TR10 9DH
- Helston, Gays Hill TR13 0QA
- Launceston, Pennygillam Industrial Estate PL15 7PH
- St Austell, Meaner Road PL25 3DG
- St Erth, Treloweth Lane TR27 6JP
- United Mines, United Downs, St Day, Redruth TR16 5HY
Household waste recycling centres are open daily between 9am and 4pm (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
- Connon Bridge
- Household waste recycling centres
- paper cups
- St Austell
- St Erth
- United Mines